Sunday, March 18, 2007

Salaam, my dear little Afghan girls of Allahoddin,

Salaam, my dear little Afghan girls of Allahoddin,

My heart goes out to you all who have come through much loss and suffering at such a young age. I will not be able to write to each of you individually, but know that you are very much on my mind as I go about my days here in Seattle.

Reading over your letters, I am aware of the courage that shows through the sad stories of how you lost loved families before coming to Allohoddin.

It is hard to think about school, when you are sad or lonely but "learning" is a very important part of growing up. It can give you skills and open your minds to new possibilities that may not have been available until now. Hopefully the chances for education are going to increase at Allahoddin as more people become aware of what is needed.

It appears that you have some good teachers that care. And that you appreciate them. Just living with many people can be difficult but if you can practice being kind to each other, and sharing, it may help with the loneliness. See, this sounds like a grandmother talking, which I am. And a teacher, which I have been.

I wish I could visit Kabul and give you each a hug. But for now, I will write notes when it is possible. I have your pictures on my desk and will be sending loving wishes your way, each day. Ross (Marnie's mother)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit Counter
Free Counter