Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Introducing Sally Schultz-by Marnie


Dear All,
I would like to introduce Sally Schultz. She is the niece of a good friend of mine, Allan Freedman , who lives near us in Kabul and is country director for NDI (National Democratic Institute). He and his staff work with the new parliamentarians training them in democracy. Sally has decided that she wants to fundraise for the orphanage. She has been working with me for the last month making plans and helping me find pen pals. She has decided to make bracelets as her donation venue. I have suggested that she put the name of an orphan from Alluhoddin on each bracelet. When she is ready with her design we will develop the next stage of the project. When I talk with adults here or in the states -so often the conversation is full of anxiety and a sense of helplessness about the situation in Afghanistan. My correspondance with Sally and the other young women who have started working with the orphans from afar is simple and refreshing...they just ask me "what can I do?" And Sally has found a way to do something she enjoys and is good at while working on this project. If you want to touch base with her let me know and I will connect you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit Counter
Free Counter