Thursday, March 08, 2007

A wonderful experience with the orphans

A wonderful experience with the orphans

I have been to Allauddin Orphanage two times. First I went to the orphanage with PARSA staff and the second time my sister Uranus was also with me. We enjoyed being there. I interviewed five girls and five boys at the orphanage. And we are trying to find pen pals for them. I was so sad when I saw their sad and unhappy faces. The whole orphanage looked like a prison to me. The children looked stressed and demoralized. They do not have anything for playing except for a couple of swings at the yard of the orphanage and a couple of balls. It seemed that the children were bored but I also noticed that the girls were bold and intelligent than boys. The girls were more talking about their problems than boys did. I should say that all children were respectful and well- mannered. A couple of things which made me happy was that they all loved to study to learn and to know about the world. Thing which interested me that one of the girls was acting in a film. She seemed happy and joyful. I was also pleased to see them at attend different classes after school such as music, painting, cultural and English as well as computer. But the sadness was that they did not have clean and proper clothes. They had beds but their mattresses were not comfortable and tidy.

Let’s help these young unhappy faces to enjoy the beauty of life.

By Anoosha Wahidi
Kabul, Afghanistan
March 2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit Counter
Free Counter