Saturday, February 24, 2007

Stories from Alluhoddin Orphanage-Zainab



First of all I send my regards to the people who are helping us. ‘Thank you very much’. My name is Zainab. My father’s name is Hayatullah. I am 13 years old and I am at the 6th grade. I got the first position at my class. After school I attend computer and English classes at the orphanage. My parents died 7 years ago. I do not remember them very much. But whenever, I think of them, I get sad. And I have only a sister. Since then we have lived with my uncle. He was a bad and cruel man. He used to send me and my sister for begging and then he took us to Pakistan where he used to make us work very hard. My uncle and his wife were very unkind. They used to beat us. But one day when I was begging with my sister a foreign woman whose name was also Zainab was working for AWRC came to me and asked me why do I beg? I told her everything. She became sad and brought clothes to us. But the wife of my uncle sold them all. My uncle did not let us go to school. After sometime we went to Mazar-i-Sharif with my uncle. Each uncle wanted us to be with them to sell us for their own benefits. But after sometime they took us to the Allaudddin Orphanage. We are so happy here.

I love my teachers like my parents. But still I feel so lonely. I want to be a doctor in the future because I want to help small and poor children like us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit Counter
Free Counter