Saturday, February 24, 2007

Stories from Alluhoddin Orphanage-Shabana


My name is Shabana. I study in class one and my father’s name is Mohammad Saleem. I am eight years old. I do not remember how my parents died. But I was only one year when they died. We used to live with our uncle who was a cruel man. He did not behave well with me and my brother whose name is Khaled who was not more than a baby. My uncle told me one day to leave my brother in the room and come upstairs to the roof. I went there and he pushed me from the roof immediately. I fell to the ground as a result I felt a real heavy and sharp pain at my backbone. Then one of our neighbors’ woman came and told my uncle to give back my brother to me. After I got my brother, I went downtown with the woman and she left me and my brother there and she herself went away and never came back. When it was night I felt scared but a couple of police men came and gave us some money from which I bought some cigarettes and chewing gum and sold them. And from the income I bought milk for my little baby brother and we slept at an empty container which was so cold but after many days when I ran out of money tears came through my eyes for my little baby brother who was crying from hunger. Then suddenly a woman came and asked why I am sad. I told her of my brother. She said that I will feed him if you give him to me for a while and I will return him soon. But after she took him, she never returned. I cried day and night for my brother till a police man came and brought me to Allauddin orphanage. I am happy here because I go to school but because I am small, therefore, I cant read much. I miss my little brother but I don’t remember his image. I want to be a teacher in the future to help people. But till now I have a sharp pain at my backbone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit Counter
Free Counter