Sunday, February 18, 2007

YFOParsa:Return to Homeland-Anoosha

Anoosha-
Return to Homeland

In 1992 when the civil war started in Afghanistan I was only one year old child that is why I do not remember the events of that year. But I came to know through my family that there were rockets everywhere and if anyone who left the house during the day, they were not sure to come back alive. People were disappointed and they were losing hope in the future. Every day hundreds of people were killed and that is why my family like thousands of others traveled eastward to Pakistan just to save their lives. It was a difficult and dangerous journey. And through Toor Kham border they went to Peshawar and started to live there. The early days were really difficult to find a home and work. One day we were so happy when we heard that my father found a job with a Charity called ‘Afghanaid’. Then slowly our life began to change. We were more happy and comfortable. First I went with my mother to an Afghan refugee school. In fact my mother was principle of that school where I met very poor refugee girls in the school. My mother was trying very hard to improve the school conditions. When my father’s salary increased, me and my sister got admission at a Pakistani school. We enjoyed studying there because we used to have good books, qualified teachers and our lessons were in English. I was so keen to learn English. Meanwhile, we were studying Urdu in school. We found many Pakistani friends in our schools. Slowly Pakistan was more like our own country and we did not know much about Afghanistan. But after many years when there was peace in our country my family returned to Afghanistan in 2003. But we found a different Afghanistan from which we left. It was all ruined and everything seemed of an early age. There was no electricity,no running water, bad roads and schools were at worst conditions and all people seemed depressed and sad. Coming to a new land was a big challenge.

And now we are living in Afghanistan for more than three years. me and my sister go to local government school. Schools in Afghanistan are not as good as Pakistani ones. But every day they improve. Slowly we are getting used to conditions of the country.

And we wish for a peaceful, civilized and happy Afghanistan for ever. I am sure we can reach this goal with the help and assistance of the world community.

Bye until my next letter.

Anoosha Wahidi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit Counter
Free Counter