Sunday, April 08, 2007

A NEW HOPE FOR THE ORPHANS




Last week I went to the orphanage to give the orphans their first letters from their pen pals. They were so happy to have the letters and especially the pictures of their pen pals. A couple of the orphans told me that now they have hope and know that there are other people who listen and care about them.

During this visit an American lady by the name of Ms Julia Bolz also accompanied us to the orphanage. She was keen to meet the orphans to become aware of their living and learning conditions. She was very pleased with the pen pal project. Because when I gave the letters to the orphans, a great hope was visible in their faces which pleased me too.

Meanwhile I visited the new PARSA room at the orphanage. In this room I saw a group of children sewing and drawing by the help of very active PARSA staff. I believe they really enjoy the help and assistance of PARSA staff. But still we have not found pen pals for all of the orphans that is why some of them were a bit unhappy. But I assured them that soon we will find pen pals for them too. We need pen pals for: Haleema, Tahera, Fariba, and Farida.

This week I am going to give the boys their first letters from their pen pals. I wish to see the same happiness and hope on their faces as of the girls.

I am so happy that with the help of this project we can expose these children to different experiences from other parts of the world, new skills and meanwhile we can bring a smile and joy on their faces.

Anoosha Wahidi
1st April 2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit Counter
Free Counter