Sunday, April 22, 2007

Obaid-son of Gulam Jilany to Will-son of David



Hello, Mahmoud, my name is Will, son of David. I am 15 years old and I am in class ten. We do not have positions in our classes but if we did I don’t think I would be very high up. I live with my mother and I have a brother named Joe. He is 12 years old. I live on an Island called Bainbridge. We take large boats called ferries to travel into the city. Above is a picture. I attend many classes but my favorite is art and math. In the future I want to be an architect or artist. What kind of doctor do you want to be??

Dear Will, Hope you are fine. Mahmood is transferred to other orphanage that is why Obaid is your new pen pal. Here is his letter. Anoosha

My name is Obaid son of Ghulam Jilany. I am writing you from the
Allahoddin orphanage. I actually wish to meet you one day. It is really nice to have a pen pal in America. I
also wish to be a doctor in the future to serve my country. I like to play football with my friends. My favorite food is mantoo [gound meet stuffed into dou
gh cones and steam cooked]. What about you? In Afghanistan there is no sea. I haven’t seen large boats but I have seen small ones. I attend music classes with my school. I can sing and play Harmonium too. I have 2nd position in the class. I have 3 sisters and 5 brothers. My sisters are living with my uncle and my one brother is in Iran but I have not seen him from many years. But my other brothers are with me at the orphanage. I would love to hear from you back. Regards, Obaid

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit Counter
Free Counter