Monday, April 30, 2007

Mahbouba's response to our meeting at MoLSA-April 30th


Letter from Mahbouba to her network of friends.....

Dear All:

Well today was another one of those disappointing days in my Afghanistan life, hoping for something, wishing for a change, for a new way of looking at our problems, but NOooooo.......and once again it was the dream of a forever optimist in the face of Afghanistan's reality ,"despair",. For once in my life I was hoping, at the meeting today that The Deputy Minister 0f Labor Social affairs Martyr and Disabled, after being presented with a full report on: neglect, human rights violations, cruelty and endangering health and welfare of orphanage children, who have no one, absolutely no one to look after their interest- I was hoping he would say " Ladies and Gentlemen, lets stop our usual nonsense of what we have accomplished, how many laws and bylaws have we created, how much money we have spent ( by we, I mean the world ) and how we turn the blame around and put it on somebody else's shoulders, discredit honest NGO's and International organizations and instead let's SAY: we do have a problem! lets put all our energy and resources together and solve this. For God's sake there are more than five million AT RISK children in this country and we are already five years too late in looking after their interests, so let us do something and let us do it now".

But unfortunately my friends this was not what I heard. What I heard was more of the same, more blame more excuses, more discrediting and more excuses and more blame.
Well enough of this. Thanks for listening I needed to write to you all about this.

On a happier note: The Deputy Minister did decide to create a committee and look into the orphanage situation in Kabul as well as all over Afghanistan. And on that note I promise you that I will follow up and keep you updated on what happens to our children.: THESE ARE CHILDREN OF AFGHANISTAN WE ARE TALKING ABOUT, SO LET'S PUT ALL OUR EFFORTS TOGETHER AND KEEP THEM OUT OF HARMS WAY. IT IS BAD ENOUGH THEY ARE ORPHANS!!!!!!

Love and peace keep your chins up I am not done yet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit Counter
Free Counter